Monday, March 13, 2017

Under Horse






Let’s enjoy looking at horses from a whole new perspective. Photographer Andrius Burba specializes in photographing animals from underneath. He calls it the Underlook project and horses are his latest and largest subjects to date. We’re dying to skritch their bellies.

“I looked for different examples of what was done on the internet and after no similar results I decided that I have to do it and be the first person to shoot a standing horse from underneath. As I started to organise the photoshoot of a horse, I knew that all I needed is to get 600 kg horse on a glass, dig 3 meters into the ground, put my camera under a big glass and take a shot.”

Burba and his crew of 40 people spent two months preparing for his Under-Horses photoshoot, which included finding a horse-friendly location for the shoot and having rubber horseshoes made so the horses could walk on the glass without scratching it.

Visit the Underlook website or follow the project on Facebook to check out more of Burba’s delightfully unusual animal portraits.










No comments: