Thursday, July 6, 2017

Osprey Drama

To quote Sam Gamgee, "Well... I'm back."
 
I've been enmeshed in a drama over at the Osprey live nest-cam.
One of the chicks disappeared from the nest on the early morning (4:30 AM) of July 3.
 
I was glued to the site for 3 days, and am happy to report that she was found, albeit a bit worse for the wear.   
 
 
Whirley was fished out of the bay by a barge crew, and taken to a a wildlife rehab place, where she will be kept until sufficiently recovered to be released back to her bailiwick. 
 
Meanwhile, her sibling has fledged, and is doing very well.
              

                  gif by Craigor  

Meanwhile, I have been glued to the live cam, getting nothing done, surviving on ginger ale, hot dogs and potato chips. Sorry to have neglected my readers, but I couldn't tear myself away.

If you are able, please make a donation to the Wildcare wildlife-hospital where Whirley is being cared for, or the Golden Gate Audubon Society which has provided the live cam of the Richmond, CA ospreys.

No comments: